LAHP offers five levels of membership to best suit your company's participation needs. Dues for all membership classifications are established annually by the LAHP Board of Directors. Membership benefits are effective for 12 months from the date dues are received, or on a date designated by the member organization and LAHP. Renewal dues are due each anniversary thereafter, upon notice from LAHP.
Health Benefits Member
Health Benefits Members receive these benefits:
- Representation at the Louisiana Legislature.
- Representation on issues considered by the Louisiana Department of Insurance.
- Spokesperson for the health benefits industry on issues in the media.
- Opportunity for a voice in activities and policy decisions affecting the industry.
- Communications on industry activities and issues.
- Advance notice and special rates to attend educational programs.
Diamond Partners receive all of the benefits of Premier Partnership, plus the following:
- Recognition as high-level partner of LAHP throughout the year in membership announcements and at all events.
- Four complimentary registrations to each LAHP event.
Premier Partners receive all of the benefits of Platinum Membership, plus the following:
- Recognition as a sponsor at all LAHP events throughout the year
- Two complimentary registrations to each LAHP event
Platinum Members receive all of the benefits of Associate Membership, plus the following:
- Invitation to annual networking events with health plan executives and staff.
- Scheduled time for a company presentation to the LAHP Board of Directors.
- Facilitation of communications with LAHP Health Benefit Members.
- Preferred membership listing in LAHP materials, notices and member communications.
- Acknowledgment in LAHP member communications.
Associate Members enjoy these benefits:
- Regular communication on LAHP activities and on the health benefits industry.
- Company listing in LAHP publications indicating industry support.
- Eligibility to work alongside health benefits industry leaders on LAHP committees.
- Invitation to learn and network with industry leaders at LAHP educational events.
- Preferred rate for LAHP programs and special events.
About Joining LAHP
Health Benefits Membership in LAHP is open to these models of health benefits organizations:
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs)
- Third Party Administrators (TPAs)
- Utilization Management/Medical Management Companies
- Managed Indemnity Insurers
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Managed Behavioral Health Organizations (MBHOs)
- External Review Organizations
- Other Health Benefit Organizations
LAHP Affiliated Organizations
Several types of partnerships and memberships are available to entities that conduct business with health benefits organizations and that support principles related to the delivery of quality, cost-effective health care. Application is subject to approval by the LAHP Board of Directors. Eligible are:
- Ancillary Health Care Providers
- Disease Management Organizations
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs)
- Broker/Consultant Firms
- Health Care System Vendors
- Law and Accounting Firms
- Other organizations approved by the LAHP Board
To view a list of our current affiliated partners and members, visit our Members and Partners page.
LAHP is classified as a 501(C)(6) organization by the Internal Revenue Service. The association receives no government funding and relies solely on its members and the services it provides for financing its programs. It's primary funding sources are membership and partnership dues, and fees for educational programs.
For More Information
To discuss membership information, contact LAHP at email@example.com or call (225) 378-3205 to arrange for discussion with an LAHP representative. Please include your name, address and phone number in any written inquiries.